JOB DESCRIPTION: Church Office Administrative Assistant
POSITION REPORTS TO: Senior Pastor
EMPLOYMENT STATUS: Part-time (approximately 15 hours per week)
EFFECTIVE/APPROVAL DATE: August 31, 2017
POSITION OVERVIEW: The Church Office Administrative Assistant at Christus Victor Lutheran Church provides administrative support, coordination, and resources for the Senior Pastor, Church Office Manager and the various ministries of the church. The position requires well-developed organizational, office, and computer skills. The Senior Pastor conduct job performance reviews in conjunction with the Christus Victor Human Resources Ministry Team.
DIRECT REPORTS: None
- Create weekly contemporary service material (Sunday 9:15 AM) which includes power point presentation and all supporting paperwork.
- Responsible for duplicating weekly bulletins, inserts and monthly Communicator.
- Serves as the backup for the Office Administrator when she/he is out of the office.
- Assists in preparation of special services such as baptisms, weddings, funerals and holiday services.
- Assist in preparation for new member certificates, name tags and provide data entry into church database.
- Assist with church-wide mailings if needed.
- Answers phones and emails as needed.
- Provide support to the rental coordinator such as typing contracts and checking calendar for availability.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Strong problem-solving and decision-making abilities.
- Detail-oriented, very well organized, and the ability to maintain careful, accurate records.
- Committed to high standards of quality performance and operations.
- Strong interpersonal, written and oral communications skills, to work effectively with staff, congregation members, visitors, outside contractors, church volunteers, Boards and Committees.
- Ability to work cooperatively with and facilitate the work of others in a collegial manner.
- Maturity, compassion, and discretion, including ability to maintain strict confidence.
- Excellent computer skills required. Must be able to work with Microsoft Office 365, Excel, PowerPoint and other relevant church management/administer programs.
- Must be accountable, on time and complete work in a timely and efficient fashion.