Our mission is to ensure that our ministries are supported and able to grow through careful and faithful stewardship.
The Finance Committee is responsible for the oversight of all financial matters pertaining to CVLC. Each month we review operating and designated accounts, monitor giving and recommend local benevolence outlays for Council approval. We also are responsible for conducting monthly audits of all cash outlays to ensure proper approval and support. We assist Council with the preparation of the annual budget and provide monthly reports that track revenue and expense as compared to budget and past performance.
1. Successful management of revenue and expenses
2. Completed the refinancing of our mortgage, resulting in annual savings of over $17,000.
3. Completed the transition to “cloud” based accounting, check issuance and financial record keeping, ensuring that our records are instantly backed up and available remotely.
4. Provided guidance for the handling of the Mission Appeal funds pledged and/or received.
5. Continued monthly audits on treasurer records of all revenue and expenses. Our monthly operating audits indicated that all transactions have been properly approved and followed our standard procedures.
6. Continued review and revision of policies and procedures related to the management of all financial records
1. Further refinement and implementation of additional record retention procedures
2. Addition of new members
3. Continued review of general audit policies and procedures
4. Continued review and development of procedures for handling income, disbursements and audit requirements for the Mission Appeal funds.
As stewards of congregational offerings, tithes, and gifts to CVLC, the Finance Committee is committed to openness and transparency with regard to how we are safeguarding and using those resources. We are committed to accountability and will ensure that our resources are well managed and our financial and legal obligations are fulfilled. We are also committed to acting in faith, with full knowledge and experience that God does provide when we ask in His name and for His ministry.
2nd Monday of the month, at 7:00 PM
Jim Winslow - Committee Chair
Jeff Larson - Financial Secretary
John Laugesen - Treasurer