Our mission is to ensure that our ministries are supported and able to grow through careful and faithful stewardship.
The Finance Committee is responsible for the oversight of all financial matters pertaining to CVLC. Each month we review operating and designated accounts, monitor giving and recommend local benevolence outlays for Council approval. We also are responsible for conducting monthly audits of all cash outlays to ensure proper approval and support. We assist Council with the preparation of the annual budget and provide monthly reports that track revenue and expense as compared to budget and past performance.
Some of our 2017 activities included:
- Review of monthly congregational revenue and expenditures with reports to Council concerning any unusual trends or concerns.
- Transitioned various tasks, most notably the Financial Secretary position.
- Provided a financial glossary to Council to assist with understanding the financial reports.
- Drafted an investment policy related to Endowment Funds.
- Developed giving statistics to assist with 2018 budget and track giving trends.
- Provided initial budget proposals for 2018, together with risk and opportunity assessment.
- Provided monthly reporting for various ministry users, including Mission Appeal, MOPS and Respite Care.
- Developed Electronic Giving Authorization Form to assist church members in making automatic contributions.
Goals for 2018 include:
- Identify candidates to serve in leadership financial positions. Treasurer’s term ends on Sept 1.
- Add new Committee members.
- Assist with development and implementation of budget contingency plans (if necessary).
- Incorporate Guide to Giving into new member classes.
As stewards of congregational offerings, tithes, and gifts to CVLC, the Finance Committee is committed to openness and transparency with regard to how we are safeguarding and using those resources. We are committed to accountability and will ensure that our resources are well managed and our financial and legal obligations are fulfilled. We are also committed to acting in faith, with full knowledge and experience that God does provide when we ask in His name and for His ministry.
2nd Monday of the month, at 7:00 PM