THE SOCIAL MINISTRY COMMITTEE
is collecting for Personal Care Kits
(formally know as Health Kits)
Starting in August, the Social Ministry will be collecting either completed Personal Care Kits or items to assemble kits to be shipped to Lutheran World Relief in the fall. The items will be collected in the blue drawers of our new COLLECTION CENTER, located in Hebrews' Cafe.
The contents of each kit have changed a bit from our previous Health Kits.
A complete kit now consists of:
- 1 light-weight bath-size towel (20”x40” or 52”x27”), preferably dark color
- 2-3 bath-size bars of soap, totaling 8-9 ounces in their original packaging
- 1 adult-size toothbrush in its original packaging (toothbrush multipacks may be used by sealing an individual toothbrush in a business sized envelope, no plastic bags or wrap please)
- 1 sturdy comb (no picks or fine toothed combs please)
- 1 metal nail clippers (attached file optional)
- Rubber bands, string, ribbon or yarn to secure each kit
With all the war-torn countries around the world, these Personal Care Kits are so important for the thousands of refugees that have fled from their homes with only the barest of necessities. These kits help to prevent or control the spread of disease so please make a kit or two!
Questions? Contact Ann DeBartolo @ 847-364-1085 or Ann.Debartolo@CVLutheran.org