JOB DESCRIPTION: Children's Ministry Coordinator
POSITION REPORTS TO: Associate Pastor of Christian Education
EMPLOYMENT STATUS: Part-time (approximately 10 hours per week)
EFFECTIVE/APPROVAL DATE: March 2, 2018
POSITION OVERVIEW: The Children’s Ministry Coordinator is responsible for oversight and planning of all children’s ministry programs. The Children’s Ministry Coordinator will work to strengthen and grow the children’s ministry programs by creating new opportunities for Christian education for children and families; nurturing relationships with visitors, new members, and congregational families with Sunday school age children; and inviting and encouraging their participation.
DIRECT REPORTS: None
- Create and maintain an annual children's ministry calendar.
- Coordinate Sunday School & Vacation Bible School.
- Recruit and train teachers and other leaders
- Implement registration processes
- Aid Associate Pastor in curriculum selection and development
- Assist Children's Education Committee in recruiting leaders and volunteers for special events (e.g. Children’s Christmas Program, Easter Egg Hunt, Teacher Recognition Breakfast, etc.)
- Work with Associate Pastor and Congregation Council to develop and manage children's ministry budget.
- Keep congregation informed of children's ministry opportunities using the Communicator, the weekly bulletin, e-mail updates, website, bulletin boards and any other effective means of communication with the congregation.
- Be part of the worshiping community at Christus Victor Lutheran Church
- Submit a monthly written ministry report to the Congregational Council.
- Submit a year-end report for the Congregational Annual Report.
- Attend weekly staff meeting.
- Seek continuing education.
- Take time for yourself, for your own personal and spiritual growth.
- Service and pray for the people of God at CVLC and lead them by your example in grace, in faith, and in loving service.
- Background and experience in education and children’s ministry
- Strong problem-solving and decision-making abilities
- Detail-oriented, very well organized, and the ability to maintain careful, accurate records
- Committed to high standards of quality performance and operations
- Strong interpersonal, written and oral communications skills, to work effectively with staff, congregation members, visitors, outside contractors, church volunteers, Boards and Committees
- Ability to work cooperatively with and facilitate the work of others in a collegial manner
- Supportive of the mission and vision of CVLC