Monday Faith Study at the Gentes Home: Fall 2018
by Adam Hamilton
The Monday night study group that meets at the Gentes home in Schaumburg will be starting a study on the book, Half Truths by Adam Hamilton. The five-week study will begin on Monday, September 10 from 7pm-8:30pm. Please come and join us for an evening of great conversation and fellowship. All are welcome.
They are simple phrases. They sound Christian—like something you might find in the Bible. We’ve all heard these words. Maybe we’ve said them. They capture some element of truth, yet they miss the point in important ways.
Join Adam Hamilton in searching for the whole truth by comparing common Christian clichés to the message and ministry of Jesus. The clichés include:
- Everything happens for a reason.
- God helps those who help themselves.
- God won’t give you more than you can handle.
- God said it, I believe it, that settles it.
- Love the sinner, hate the sin.